Sunday, September 2, 2012

Chapter 108

word count 1199

Buzz woke up with his head pounding like an anvil to stone. Attempting to rub his forehead, he realized he couldn't move his arm. His eyes felt heavy and lifting his lids took as much effort as hoisting weights. Through the cloud of his blurred vision he spied both hands on his lap, duct-taped together at the wrists. Trying to move his feet proved they were taped as well.

He shook his head and tried to clear his focus. Where was he and why was he bound like this? Had he been on assignment?

A voice humming "Sweet Georgia Brown" brought it all home. Mick's wacky mother! His gun! He needed his gun! Looking down, he tried to see if his holster was in place.

"Are you looking for this?" Mrs. Johnson waved his revolver, making circles with it in the air.

"For the love of God, be careful. That weapon is loaded!" His heart pounded a raucous rhythm in his chest. She could kill him with one slip.

"Oh, don't worry, honey! I took some lessons at the local gun club. A lady needs to know how to defend herself. I know how to handle a firearm." She held a handful of cartridges out for him to see. "I already emptied it."

"So why do you have me all tied up, dear?" He asked in the most pleasant voice he could muster which wasn't easy for a brusque guy like Buzz.

"Well, sweetie, I figured you are worth a lot of money to me. There are a lot of people who would like to have you in their sights...or, on the other hand, rescue you from those that would."

"I beg your pardon?" What kind of a mess had he gotten himself into?

"Well, Joe Tobin, for one. It seems you were the officer who put him away ten years ago. Did you know he's out now?"

"Yes, I know." The guy's mug shot passed through his memory. He busted him for armed robbery...treated the guy like garbage, roughing him up because he never expected to see him again.

"And then there's Tom Flannery from the east side mob. Now he's a very angry person at you."

"Yeah, I put him away for assault and battery and resisting arrest, plus a few drug charges thrown in."

"Yeah, Tom would like to have a few words with you. He's out now, too."

Mrs. J. picked up her knitting and plopped into a nearby rocker. The only sound in the room was the rhythmic click of her knitting needles.

Buzz stared at her. "Is that all you have to say? What's your angle, lady?"

"My angle? I don't really have an 'angle' with you. You're just like money in my pocket. Tomorrow I'm going to plan how to spend it once I get it. You see, my son Mick, started some pretty industrious plans involving his position on the force and underground crime in this city. He made friends with a lot of influential people on both sides of the law. I'm just going to cash in on the connections he already made."

"My people will be looking for me."

She chuckled at his remark. "I know, but they won't know where to find you. Look around you, Detective Miller. You're not at my house anymore."

Buzz's eyes scanned the room, and he realized he couldn't tell where he was. He had no recollection of what the room looked like before he was knocked out in the doorway. The lady could be bluffing or she may have driven him somewhere else. That seemed unlikely. How could a tiny lady lift his bulk and move him while he was unconscious?

"How are things going, Mother?" Someone new slipped in the doorway.

When Buzz looked, he did a double-take. It was Mick!

"Oh, I know! You're thinking that's Mick. Silly boy!" Mrs. J. said, noting his surprise. "Now, if he fools you, I hope he'll fool other people, too. Meet my son's twin brother, Mark Johnson."

Oh, this isn't good, Buzz thought, I'm not sure what she's up to, but it can't be good.

***

Trudy tingled, every pore of body, culminating with the most important parts screaming for satisfaction. The two women locked in a kiss and dropped down onto the cot while Simone's hand caressed her, smoothing her hands over every inch until Trudy was left at her mercy, moaning. When Simone's delicate fingers came to touch the other woman's waist band, Trudy caught her  breath. The lady's heat set her own skin on fire. Slowly, to tantalize her lover, Simone slipped her hand inside Trudy's pants, but only inching down, in slow, seductive movements.

"Don't worry, baby. You'll feel better soon." She whispered in Trudy's ear with steamy breath. She worked her hand under the fabric and made butterfly motions downward. Her finger found its mark, and she touched Trudy in a way that sent the woman flying.

Trudy bit her lip to keep from moaning out loud. It wouldn't do to call attention to their cell. She felt Simone's finger searching, finding, caressing, touching her, then going faster until each stroke shot ripples of gratification, each wave more powerful than the last. It was almost more than she could bear. She screamed out in tiny yelps as only the speeding bullet she rode mattered. The climax hit her like a steel blade plunging at one intensive mark slicing in and releasing carnal pleasures in cascades...a moment where she ceased to exist but transformed to a massive firework shooting in the sky, explosive with colors flying while she screamed Simone's name.

"Shhhh, quiet honey! The guard will come." Simone snuggled Trudy in her arms and held her close. Trudy collapsed, tried to catch her breath, while swooning in a pool of peaceful waters with fluid warmth surrounding her.

"Sorry," she said, gasping. "I lost it."

"Isn't that the point?" Simone said with a friendly snicker.

"Yes, yes it is." Her labored breathing slowed. She shot a glance to Simone. "Ya know, it's never been this good with a man, not even once, not one of them."

"What does a man know about a woman's body? Only a girl knows what a girl needs." Simone kissed her cheek with a gentle lick. "Trudy, remember what I said before, about not wanting to be your throwaway if you went back to men?"

"Yeah."

"Well, forget it. I don't think you'd do that. I think what we have here between us is something big, the real thing, you know?"

"I think so, too. I mean I hope so. I never felt like this before."

"Me neither, baby! It's you and me, right? Now and forever, no matter what comes our way, we stay true. Deal?"

"Deal!"

And if we ever get out of the mess we are in here, when we get out, we'll go to a state that will let us get married."

"Really? Ya like me that much. I mean, I like you that much, but I wasn't sure ya did, too."

Simone gave her a sparkling smile."Oh yeah, ain't nobody gonna get between us now," she said.   

1 comment:

  1. seems like everyone is on their way to the altar,, in one way or another......

    ReplyDelete